Tony McMahon – making history popular on TV!
REGISTERED WITH THE PAST PRESERVERS AGENCY – PLEASE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tony McMahon appears on many television programmes as a commentator or guest talking about many different periods of history. Recent programmes have included Nazi art theft, the historical Jesus, life in communist East Germany, the Knights Templar and the real James Bond.
In 2020 – Tony will be appearing in three series on Discovery Channel – Strange Evidence, Forbidden History and Rob Riggle Global Investigator. He will also be a guest commentator on a History channel documentary about the Knights Templar accompanying the hit show The Curse of Oak Island.
Professional profile: https://beardyhistory.com/
Forbidden History – UKTV/Yesterday TV and other channels globally – presented by Jamie Theakston. Tony McMahon appeared in the following episodes:
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode One. Uncovering the Historical Jesus
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Two. The Stasi – Behind the Berlin Wall
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Three. The Nazi Treasure Quest
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Four. The Real James Bond
- First broadcast 2018: Series five. Episode Five. The Dead Sea Scrolls Conspiracy
- First broadcast 2017: Series four. Episode Four. The Dark Truths of the Templars
Buried – History channel – presented by Mikey Kay and Garth Baldwin. A documentary series on the Knights Templar to accompany History’s Templar ten-part drama Knightfall:
- First broadcast in the United States 2017 (UK 2018): Series one. Episode Four. Land of Secrets (the Templars in Portugal)
The Big Audition – ITV – a prime-time ITV 1 series where contestants vie for a very interesting job.
- Broadcast on ITV on 5 October, 2018 at 21:00 to a prime-time audience. I was in full costume as King Henry VIII. The show was reviewed with my image in national media including The Sun newspaper.
Private Lives of the Monarchs – UKTV/Yesterday TV and other channels globally – presented by Tracy Borman, curator of the Royal Palaces. Tony McMahon appeared in the following episodes:
- First broadcast 2017: Series one. Episode One. Queen Victoria
- First broadcast 2017: Series one. Episode Two. George III and the Prince Regent
- First broadcast 2017: Series one. Episode Three. Louis XIV
- First broadcast 2017: Series one. Episode Four. Charles II
- First broadcast 2017: Series one. Episode Five. Henry VIII
Private Lives – UKTV/Yesterday TV and other channels globally – presented by Tracy Borman. Tony McMahon will appear in the following episodes, first half of 2019:
- Series One. Filmed. Princess Margaret
- Series One. Filmed. Edward VIII and Mrs Simpson
- Series One. Filmed. Adolf Hitler and the Nazis
- Series One. Filmed. Napoleon
- Series One. Filmed. Peter the Great
- Series One. Filmed. Al Capone
Four Rooms – Channel 4 – presented by Sarah Beeny
- First broadcast December 2017: Series three. Episode 1
Strange Evidence – Discovery Science
- Filmed November, 2018. Will broadcast in the United States early 2019
On UKTV’s Private Lives of the Monarchs revealing why Henry VIII – Tudor monarch, Renaissance man and psychopath – had no friends in later life.
Same series – but a different monarch. Victoria and Abdul – the real story of Queen Victoria’s relationship with her Indian servant and his introduction of curry to the royal court.
On Forbidden History presented by Jamie Theakston. We discuss the mysteries of the Knights Templar at my house in London for an episode broadcast in the spring of 2017. I’ll be appearing in every episode of Forbidden History in 2018 discussing topics as varied as the historical Jesus, the East German Stasi secret police and the real James Bond.
Filming with the History channel in Portugal in the summer of 2017 for the Knight Templar documentary series Buried (broadcast in the US in 2017 and the UK in 2018) made to complement the multi-million dollar drama series Knightfall.
Appearing on ITV’s The Big Audition in October 2018 dressed as Henry VIII – press photo that appeared in The Sun newspaper.
And the Daily Mail covers The Big Audition with a lovely photo of me in the middle!